Here’s what you’ll need:
Washi tape colors that complement each other
Scrap paper to make templates
Pen or pencil
Steps and hints:
- When you pick out your washi tape, pick colors that go well with each other as well as tape that isn’t translucent.
- Turn your laptop off and wipe down the keys with rubbing alcohol.
- Turn on some tunes. You’ll be here awhile.
- Don’t forget to take breaks!
- Take a scrap piece of paper and place it over one of the keys.
- Press down on the key with your finger, and with the other hand, trace the outline of the key with a pen or pencil. This is your key template.
- The alphabet, numbers, and punctuation are all the same shape. You’ll have to make more template for all the other keys.
- Place the scrap paper on the sticky side of your washi tape, and cut the tape around your template.
- Carefully place the tape over your keys.
- You want to ensure that no tape hangs over the keys, as it can collect dust and dirt over time.
- It’s also annoying if you type and any pieces are sticking out.