Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Serves: 24 cookies
These lemon sugar cookies taste like you’ve taken a ginormous bite out of vacation! So much freshness and deliciousness, it’ll become your FAVORITE!
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1½ cups granulated sugar
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest of two large lemons
juice of one large lemon, about 1 tablespoon
¼ cup lemon sugar recipe for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Allow to sit for about 3 minutes to allow lemon flavor to develop.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- Add lemon sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking.
- Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of lemon sugar and roll to coat well.
- Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches to 2 inches apart.
- Lightly press each cookie down.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.