Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Amount: One loaf
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large, beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until completely smooth. Stir in the melted butter
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips (optional)
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 350°F or until a tester placed into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan.
- Slice and serve.
Tip- Try eating it with Greek yogurt
Credits for this amazing banana bread